This heart wreath rail is cutest! It is so quick and easy and you will love putting it together! This love leopard heart wreath rail makes me feel like love is in the air, I made this wreath as a really sweet Valentine’s day decoration!
This design won’t take you long at all to create and hang up to get in the Christmas spirit. Swapping out the Christmas ornaments with some other decorations would absolutely make this the cutest Valentines heart wreath rail!
Make Your Own Love Leopard Heart Wreath Rail
This heart wreath rail is so beautiful, with the details of the polka dots, leopard print, checkered pattern and the plaid, who isn’t going to absolutely love it? I am going to show you how I add on some mesh, ribbon, tubing, and a bow to take it to the next level.
What you will need:
- Leopard print heart wreath rail
- 2 x 1.5″ wired ribbon
- 1 x 4″ wired ribbon
- 2 x 2.5″ wired ribbon
- 2 x deco tubing
- 1 x 10” mesh
- Pipe cleaners
- Spool board
- Rotary cutter
- Ribbon tail board
- Wire cutters
- Hot glue gun
- Christmas ball ornaments
Decorate Your Own Love Leopard Heart Wreath Rail
- Start with your leopard print heart wreath rail.
- Cut 5 x 30” pieces of 10” deco mesh.
- Add your pipe cleaners.
- Make and add your ruffles.
- Cut 4 x 14” strips of for ribbon tails.
- Dovetail the ends of your ribbon.
- Make and add your tails.
- Add your tubing bows.
- Make your bow.
- Attach your bow to your wreath.
- Fluff out your bow.
- Dovetail your ends.
- Add your decorations.
If you want to make your very own wreath rail exactly like this one, then check out the recipe card below for all of the details.
This heart wreath rail was so fun to create and I’m sure you can’t wait to do it yourself! It is so beautiful and super simple to make! You are able to take this idea and make it completely different or exactly the same, but in case you have some questions, I have some answers!
How to Hang a Wreath Rail
I am sure you are wondering how you should hang your beautiful new wreath rail that you have just made?
This is one of my favorite tutorials for a simple and quick option to do to a wreath rail without a hole. There might be many ways out there to do this but I found that this is fool proof! This works for wreath rails in all shapes and sizes.
Wreath vs. Wreath Rail
The difference between a wreath and a wreath rail might not be so obvious, and you might be wondering what the difference is. It is important to know what each one does before you start making your purchase decision.
In some ways there isn’t much difference between a wreath rail and a wreath. They both look amazing with deco mesh and ribbon tails. They both can be customized for any season or style. And they both make fabulous door decor. But, there are differences between the two that make them each wonderfully unique. Check out this blog post for more information on wreaths vs. wreath rails and how they differ!
Looking for another Christmas themed wreath rail?
This DIY Believe in Santa Wreath Rail is so easy to make and will inspire you to decorate your home for the holidays. You’ll also have a great conversation starter on your hands when guests see it hanging on your front door! So check out this post for the full tutorial and get started making our own holiday cheer!
I hope you enjoyed these step-by-step instructions to easily create and decorate your own love leopard heart wreath rail design, which can be used as a stunning Christmas decoration hanging anywhere in your home and your can repurpose it for Valentines day! And, the best part about making your own wreath rail is that it’s completely customizable, so you can change any colors and shapes that you want to.
If you need any help with painting your own wood signs or wreath rails and decorating your custom wreath rails, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on Hot Mesh Mom Blog.
We would love to see your amazing wreath rail designs! Please share with us over at the Hot Mesh Mom Facebook.
Love Leopard Heart Wreath Rail
Decorate your own Love Leopard Heart Wreath Rail with this easy to follow tutorial!
1 x 4″ wired ribbon (red plaid)
- Start with your love leopard heart wreath rail.
- Take your black and white checkered, 10” deco mesh and cut 5 x 30” pieces.
- Take your pipe cleaners and add 5 to the heart wreath rail.
- Take your mesh, curl the ends in and pinch the middle together to make a ruffle.
- Add the ruffle into your wreath rail by attaching it to a twist tie.
- Repeat this process with the rest of your mesh and twist ties.
- Take your 2.5″ red plaid ribbon and your black and white checkered ribbon and cut 4 x 14” strips of each one.
- Dovetail the ends of your ribbon.
- Layer the two ribbons, pinch the middle together and add it into a twist tie.
- Repeat this with the rest of the tails, making sure to leave a twist tie open for your bow.
- Take your red and gold tubing and cut 4 x 22” pieces of each one.
- Take a red and a gold piece of tubing, make a circle and pinch the middle to make a bow.
- Add the tubing bow into a twist tie on top of the ribbon tails.
- Repeat with the rest of the tubing.
- Make your bow: Take your 4” ribbon and make a 2 loop bow with tails that are slightly longer than 12”.
- Repeat this with the remaining ribbons, layering them as you go.
- Secure the bow together with a pipe cleaner.
- Attach your bow to your wreath rail using the pipe cleaner.
- Fluff out your bow.
- Dovetail your bow ends.
- Curl or roll your ends in.
- Take some red Christmas ball ornaments and add them into your design using a hot glue gun.
- Take some Gold ball ornaments and add them into your design using a hot glue gun.
Just pin this Love Leopard Heart Wreath Rail tutorial to save the instructions for later!